Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where has a year gone?

In keeping with my "holy cow, Amelia is almost one" theme....today I made a "Save the Date" email for her first birthday. I still can't grasp the fact that she is going to be one in just over 2 months. I remember last year at this time I had just had my baby shower and I was SO ready to meet my baby girl. I spent nine months wishing for time to go faster and now I have spent the last 9 months wishing it would sloooowww doooowwnn. I enjoy spending time with Amelia and I miss her when she goes to bed at night! She has such a cute personality - she is "dancing" when she hears music or we sing to her; she claps her hands when you say "yay, Amelia!"; she drinks from a straw; she is starting to eat "big girl" food (she had hummus for the first time today and loved it); and she is babbling like crazy. I feel like I am going to wake up tomorrow and she is going to be 16 and wanting the car keys. I am so excited to see the person she is going to become, but at the same time I am so sad that I can't just freeze frame our life right now. I just do what I can to make every moment mean something and to enjoy every millisecond with my little girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment