Thursday, August 27, 2009

Amelia is 9 months old!

Yes, believe it or not, our baby girl has lived equal amounts of time outside my tummy as in my tummy. She is growing up too fast. I wish I could find some way to freeze time. Each day goes by too fast, each week even faster, and each month is like light speed.
Amelia had her nine month check-up on Monday and weighed in at 20 pounds 7 ounces. She is 28 inches long and her head is about 18 inches around. The Pediatrician's office was undergoing a remodel, so we didn't get our usual check-up stat sheet that detailed the percentage categories she was in, but from what I've researched she is 70-75% for weight/height and 90-95% for head circumference. Not too shabby for a baby girl who had open heart surgery just 5 short months ago.
Amelia is a chatty Cathy and a laughy laugherson too! She is always smiling and giggling. I swear she is starting to say "ball" and understands when you tell her to do "patty cake". She will clap her hands and giggle.
So, since I can't freeze time, I just make sure to enjoy every second with her! We have been hanging out with our Parent Group friends, Lisa and Joseph and Elizabeth and Brady, and we start Kindermusic again on September 9.

0 comments:

Post a Comment